Saturday, 11 February 2017

Balkans In the winter: Sofia, Bulgaria♥

What did the boxing day sales buy me ? A £20 return fare from London to Sofia, Bulgaria. Like I keep saying, Tuesday is my day off work and I strongly believe that it should be utilised by building life experiences. Sofia is not the main tourist hot spot in Bulgaria so this day trip provided a sufficient amount of time for me to experience what I wanted.

After taking the metro to the city centre. I walked for 20 minutes and came across Tsurkva Sveta Nikolai (the Russian church). The snow definitely makes it look even more beautiful.

I went to a traditional Bulgarian place to eat called "Izbata Tavern". This is where I got to try some Shopska salad, which tasted so much better than I expected. I never thought that it could be possible to love salad that much.

After eating some shopska salad I had to wash it down with something right? This was the perfect opportunity to try some traditional beverages. So I had some rakia which is a very STRONG brandy,  and "Ayran" which is like a yogurt based drink. 



I did many more things in Sofia but did not get many photos because it was too cold. I visited a local rose shop where they sell rose beauty products. I bought a face mask from there and some rose water to use as a facial cleanser. The Balkans will always be the most fascinating region of Europe to me. It's bursting with culture, and I definitely want to see every country in South East Europe. 


                     llondon leopard 
                           xoxo


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sofia is the perfect tourist attraction for those looking for best sceneries, nice people and delicious food. The travel experience shared in this post is the true expression of what a person can enjoy while visiting Sofia, Bulgaria.

    ReplyDelete

© London Leopard ♥ | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig